Since the merger between Infinity Credit Union and Deere Employees Credit Union, our focus has been on delivering better interest rates and state-of-the-art technology solutions to help you achieve your financial goals.
As we look forward, we have a vision for growth that builds on this legacy with an even stronger focus on financial empowerment for our members. It is important that our brand reflects our path forward. One that honors our history and represents a strong future. With a legacy of service and a vision for growth, our focus is on creating a path to financial health for our members, their families, and the communities we serve.
What will not change:
- We will continue to serve the same membership
- You can continue to write checks and use your debit or credit cards
- We remain federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration
Empower + People =
When we merged with Deere Employees Credit Union, we maintained Infinity as a trade name and thus remained Infinity CU, a division of DECU. Now that we are changing the Deere Employees Credit Union name, this is a great opportunity for us to align and come together under one name. We are still the same credit union with the same employees.
As with any business, the purpose of growth is to ensure that we have a healthy and growing balance sheet (both loans and deposits) and continue to offer great rates and service delivery to our members. This has been very successful for the credit union, and we are financially sound as a result.
No, the timing with the current banking environment is strictly coincidental.
The external environment is certainly causing questions, but you should feel very confident in the safety and soundness of the credit union for the following reasons:
- Our member deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration (ncua.gov). If you have questions about your specific accounts and balances, please give us a call.
- We receive the highest examination ratings from both the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (our regulator), and the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), our federal deposit insurer.
- We are rated a “Well-Capitalized” credit union by both the State of Illinois and the NCUA.
- We maintain a very strong liquidity position and maintain multiple liquidity sources should the need arise.
- We invest in loans for you, our members. We don’t invest in things, such as Crypto-Currency, that may be trendy but likely risky.
- 100% of our past-due loans are covered in our loan-loss provision.
- 8 out 10 members recommend us to their friends, coworkers, and family.
Yes, your funds are fully insured by the National Credit Union Administration, a division of the US Government, with deposits insured up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor.
The name change is really an outcome of our membership growth. We need to keep growing in order to provide great rates and state-of-the-art delivery to our members.
The name change does NOT impact our field of membership. We will continue to have the same criteria/requirements for new members.
Besides the name change, it has no impact on your membership. Once a member, always a member. Your member number and account number(s) will remain the same. There will be no impact to you as a member.
Yes. We have a plan to reissue cards at their natural reissue date.
Yes, our branches will remain open, and you will see us continue to evolve and modernize our facilities. We will focus even more on financial wellness/empowerment.
Your Member number (account number) will remain the same.
There will be no change to routing numbers at this time. We will communicate if a change is necessary in the future.
No, changes are required at this time.
Your Digital Banking experience will continue to be the same & features will not change; however, you may notice color and branding changes.
Our new name will eventually replace our former name on the credit report. This change will not impact your credit score.
Yes, and we will keep you informed as we prepare for our new name and brand launch.